Directorate of Human Resources Management and Administration Services
The Directorate is currently composed of 15 staff members headed by Ms. Miriam Wanjiru Mwangi. This Directorate is charged with providing services, advice and guideline to ensure the general administration on the Assembly is facilitated. Its offices are those of Director, HR & Admin Services, HR & Administration Officer, Administrative Officer and all support staff.
This Department is mandated to do the following:
- Formulating, interpreting and applying human resource policy, procedures, rules and regulations;
- Planning, estimating and controlling Personnel emoluments, expenditure;
- Administration of pension schemes, gratuities, schemes of service and approval of leave;
- Managing staff performance and career development
- Managing staff insurance, salary advances and salary in advance;
- Providing guidance in matters related to appointments and placement, promotions and confirmation of staff;
- Budget and expenditure control for the Human Resources Department;
- Implementing the Advisory Committee, Selection Board decisions as regards appointments, promotions, discipline;
- Management of staff in Human Resource Department;
- Provision of office services
The main objective of this directorate is to attract, retain and maintain the right people by getting the ‘peoples’ issues’ right. This is because it is through the support of staff members that the Assembly will be able to deliver its mandate.